I´ve been quite busy with the motor of this robot and I already started to have some of the results I wanted, but I still couldn´t find a stable setup, after a couple of drifts it starts to lose power as you can see by the end of the movie.
Besides this, I like the way it moves, and I can have some control when it´s drifting, it is now my anti-stress toy!!! :)
I have also made some major updates to the arduino circuit board. As you can see in the photo below, I finally have figured out how to upload code to a custom arduino board, (this post describes everything related to this), added capacitors to the L293D, added pins for the ladyada xbee adapter and also added pins for the sonar sensor.
To upload code, I have to add a switch button, to change the rx / tx wires from the xbee to the ftdi cable :)
This is a ratbot derivated, faster, cooler, and with more fun! :)
I like pretty much the way it is going until now, but there are still things I want to do. Beside that, I can´t make it move straight in a line, it seems that it is not well balanced.
When finished, I will post details about the building process.
For now it´s just remote controlled, but it will have some intelligence soon.
I will try to add microphones and use them as sound sensors. If I add for example 4 microphones, one on each side of the bot I could detect where does the sound come from and make it move in that direction, then add a couple of distance sensors to avoid obstacles..
My living room seems to be too small to drive this bot..