I´ve added two ultra sound sensors and now I´m trying to make this bot a wall racer. Due to its drifting capabilities it’s being very hard to code this, but I will find a way to do that.
I´ve replaced the 4 AA batteries by a small 7.2V battery and now he has more power which also means more nerves.. :D
So, after a couple of hours of trying and trying, I quitted, and decided to relax and enjoy some drifts..
This is the ratb0t, he has a nervous behavior and remainds me of a rat.. :]
I´m using an Arduino Diecimila to control the steering servo and the traction motor.
The XBee module receives data from another Arduino, this one has a wii nunchuck controller attached.
Next Step: make it autonomous
I forgot to tell a little story about this little and nervous fellow.
One day my mother told me she had one hair-removal thing broken (Braun Silk Epil brand ), and she said that she would bring it to me so that I fixed it.
Of course I accepted, but I must confess, I never ever tried to fix it :)
This made me think a lot on how could I twist it and use it to give life to a robot.
The most difficult part was to transform the front blades onto a wheel, I did it using pieces of bike air-chamber, rubber and hot glue.
I like the final result and it works quite well!
Shame on me because I didn´t document the building proccess.. I will try not to repeat it :)
If you have some interesting mechanical broken items I accept them :)