Skip to content

Talkie Walkie

Lusorobotica.com and EmbeddedDreams.com made a challenge to build a robot only with one servo, and this was what I came up with.

I used the sound sensor I’ve done a few days ago and a little paper-boat + a servo and a box and this is the result :)

This how the puppet works:

A hole was digger on a card box, and the micro servo is glued to the box as you can see.
One piece of paper is glued to the servo horn, and this will make the puppet talk movement.
Another piece of paper is glued to the box and it will be fixed and hold the puppet.

This is how the puppet is glued to the paper supports.   ;)

{ 6 } Comments

1. Riaz | May 26, 2009 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Very cool… I just made a robot as well.

btw… are we using the same theme? I think so. ;)

2. GUI | May 26, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

hello Riaz!! Your robot is so cool :)
    And I also like your blog theme a lot.. lol

Can you tell me how did you manage to put an image on the header? I’ve been trying with no luck.. :-)

3. Riaz | June 2, 2009 at 4:47 am | Permalink

Oh yeah… It was pretty easy.

In the wordpress (2.7) go to admin > appearance > editor > header.php

and then in the header you can add your logo and delete the name of the site

<a href=”/”><!– –>

hope this helps.

4. GUI | June 2, 2009 at 7:32 am | Permalink

cool!! it is really easy!
    thanks :)

5. Gary | November 1, 2009 at 2:39 am | Permalink

I truly love your little robot. Any chance of you posing a schematic and more detailed build instructions.
    This is a little advanced for me but it is definitely something that would increase my knowledge while I tried.
    I am going to start following your site. Thanks,!

6. GUI | November 1, 2009 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Read this post, you have a link to the schematic and code to work with ;)

{ 3 } Trackbacks

1. […] Martins built this “talkie walkie” in response to a challenge to build a robot using only one servo. It responds to sound in […]

2. BischofsKladde » Arduino-Servo-Robot | December 1, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

[…] Mehr unter: http://lab.guilhermemartins.net/2009/05/26/talkie-walkie/ […]

3. con un servo | es-robot.com | April 26, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

[…] condiciones artificiales hace que la imaginación se libere. Éste es el resultado de diseñar un robot con un sólo servo, muy […]